Re: Europa-List: Immersion suits?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Immersion suits?
From: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 23:51:36

Clive, I would certainly opt to borrow or hire a dinghy
rather than suits - you can then be comfortable flying.
The water temp around N of Scotland is currently in 10 to
12C region which is not cold enough to be incapacitating
if you get wet. It is all pretty remote up there and I
would fancy my chances quite a bit more with a dinghy,(in
which you could expect to survive 3 days or more) rather
than suits in which you might survive a couple of hours or
so, assuming the plane sank(which it almost certainly
won't) and assuming you were not picked up very quickly
(possible, but with PLB and the sense to give them your
GPS position on the way down, hopefully not too likely). I
would offer you mine but am clinging to the hope that I
might get the weather to try a bit of Dawn to Dusk action
one or other of the two weekends you plan to be away, and
if so I might well be passing overhead! Regards, David
Joyce, G- XSDJ