Europa-List: Immersion suits?

Subject: Europa-List: Immersion suits?
From: gtagr <clive.maf@googlemail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 11:28:30

Fellow Europa flyers,

Am planning a trip up to the Shetland Isles 6-14th July for which some of the
transits
(longest perhaps 30mins) are over water.  Thinking about ditching and
surviveability, can anyone recommend or advise on the hire or loan of immersion
suits - as I'd rather not buy for this one trip.  My first over water stretch
is from Banff to Wick (departure Fishburn) and the second and subsequent is
Wick to Kirkwall, Sumburgh and various other leg sections up to Baltasound
airport
on Unst - and back of course.  Have new (and registered) PLB, and lifejackets.
Also, if anyone knows, what might the additional weight of two immersions
suits be?

All advice/comments/tips based upon experience, welcome.

Clive Sutton G-TAGR

Read this topic online here: