Re: Europa-List: Exhaust Fouling the Cowling

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Exhaust Fouling the Cowling
From: Neville Eyre <neveyre@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 15:47:49

Hi Jerry,
Sounds about usual, the EGT probe position can be sorted by moving the bush
 in the header, Dave, the welder at Europa has a jig to reposition / re wel
d, talk to Karen.
Easiest way to get additional clearance between the headers and the cowl, i
s to cut the cowl around the top of the ''eyeball'' holes, and cut down the
 side of the fairing to allow the eyeball to be pulled [ hinged ] forward.
re glass with 4 plies of Bid, and use high temp / fire retardant polyester
resin.
Ally foil skinned glass cloth material should be used to keep the heat off
the cowl. Even with increased gaps, it will still cook and burn the paint o
ff if you try a WOT ground run for more than a couple of minutes.
Get the cowl as far forward as you can, a 1/8'' gap from the front face to
the back of the spinner is JUST enough.
Cheers,
Nev