Europa-List: Re: Airmaster AC200 Feather light on during flight

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Airmaster AC200 Feather light on during flight
From: GBWFH2010 <gaxuk2001@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 09:37:50

I think I have solved the problem. Despite having removed the brushes and
cleaned
the slip ring once, I decided to do the whole operation again. What I found
was the inner ring brush had a very sticky spring and was sometimes getting
stuck
at the mid-way point, thus making intermittent contact with the ring. (When
I removed the brushes the first time everything appeared fine so I missed the
problem.) It is possible the vibration caused by the landing run and stopping
the engine might  have been enough to cause the brush to contact the inner
ring as all ground feathering tests were fine.

A short test flight showed the propeller and all light indications to be
functioning
perfectly with not a hint of the FEATHER light illuminating!

--------
Gordon Grant

G-BWFH

Read this topic online here: