Re: Europa-List: Re: Airmaster AC200 Feather light on during flight

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Airmaster AC200 Feather light on during flight
From: Tim Ward <ward.t@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 04:44:45

Gordon,
Well done. Good to know for future reference.
Tim

Tim Ward
12 Waiwetu Street
Fendalton,
Christchurch,  8052
New Zealand.

ward.t@xtra.co.nz

Ph 64 3 3515166
Mob 0210640221

On 30/05/2013, at 12:37 AM, "GBWFH2010" <gaxuk2001@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think I have solved the problem. Despite having removed the brushes and
> cleaned
the slip ring once, I decided to do the whole operation again. What I found
was the inner ring brush had a very sticky spring and was sometimes getting
stuck at the mid-way point, thus making intermittent contact with the ring.
(When
I removed the brushes the first time everything appeared fine so I missed
the problem.) It is possible the vibration caused by the landing run and
stopping
the engine might  have been enough to cause the brush to contact the inner
ring as all ground feathering tests were fine.

> A short test flight showed the propeller and all light indications to be
> functioning
perfectly with not a hint of the FEATHER light illuminating!