Europa-List: Re: Warp Drive Tapered Tips

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Warp Drive Tapered Tips
From: jonathanmilbank <jdmilbank@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 10:00:00

Hello EG, It surprises me to learn that you have the wide-tipped prop blades. I
am also the proud owner of a Classic with 912UL 80hp and fitted with tapered
Warp Drive blades.

My aircraft first flew in July 1997 with a ground-adjustable prop hub, until
2001
when I fitted the brilliant Airmaster electric VP hub with the same tapered
blades. The take-off and climb performance was greatly improved, which allowed
me to upgrade to 1370 lbs mauw.

My understanding from Europa in those days was that performance would be worse
with wide-tipped blades, unless I upgraded to the 100hp engine.

Read this topic online here: