Re: Europa-List: Re: Mod 73

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Mod 73
From: Neville Eyre <neveyre@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 03:22:39

Hi Alan,
Refer to the Builders Manual, Chapter 23, pages 2, 3 and 4 for view / acces
s panel position and structure.
This is how it should have been done by the original builder..... but some
out there thought they knew better.......
Do these on the Stb side if you are right handed, on the Port if you are le
ft handed. Very difficult to do once the fuselage top is on. If there is an
 inspection hole further aft where the XS tailspring was installed, you can
 work through that to do the lay up's for the new panels. I had to do just
that to get to the torque tube on the imported Europa I have in my workshop
As to the inserts / slugs, next time you are in Ronnie McVomit's, get a str
aw and flex it between your fingers, it will bend quite a way without faili
ng.... now shove a stiring stick up the straw and apply the same force, it
will buckle where the stick ends.[ have a jacket on with deep pockets, libe
rate a handfull of mixing sticks !]
Don't reckon on anything fast happening at L.A.A.
Cheers,
Nev.