RE: Europa-List: Re: Mod 73

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Re: Mod 73
From: craig <craigb@onthenet.com.au>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 07:16:45

I mentioned earlier I also went the solid core option, very quick and easy
to do,
However.. my lack of precision when drilling one of the outboard holes out
The 3/8 size resulted in a small misalignment between each of the tail
planes
(About 5mm at the back) so I had to remove one set of the drive pin bushes
And re redux them in to correct this. I do however have my own lathe and
mill
And was able to turn and polish the alloy slugs that go inside the tube to a
very
Neat fit. Paying someone to do it you might be looking at an hour for the
four slugs

Regards
craig

Karl.
I had forgotten about your solid core, so if you going to bond a solid alloy
core inside the tube spanning both side your dowel hole, then clamping up. i
would think that the tube is now stronger at that point, as you have re
enforced it.
If only the ruddy pins were accessible from a panel the job would be a piece
of cake.
Alan