RE: Europa-List: Re: Fixed Aileron Trim Tab

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Re: Fixed Aileron Trim Tab
From: Duncan & Ami <amimcfadyean@talktalk.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2012 11:43:11

<<..if say i physically restricted one flap slightly it would twist the
cross bar slight, not good,>>

That situation is already built in to the design, because the actuating horn
welded to the cross bar is located off centre. Which (due to the elasticity
of the cross bar) results in the cross bar twisting and the port side
retracting slightly ahead of the s'bd side. So a thicker stop on the port
side will help to counter this when the flaps are in the retracted position.

Duncan McF.