Europa-List: Re: Fixed Aileron Trim Tab

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Fixed Aileron Trim Tab
From: Alan Carter <alancarteresq@onetel.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2012 03:23:00

Hi Sue and Bill, Howdy Bob.
What a lovely country you live in NZ, i visited a few years ago and it brought
back memory's of Old England , that a compliment.
My favourite Aeroplane, nothing could catch it in WW2, and the later version had
a pressurized cockpit, very tricky on one engine go around.
My neighbour now 95 was a Mossy Pilot, so i know a little about them.
We had one over here but crashed just after completion, over here they get the
Who you Knows to fly them, and Not the What you Knows so they crash.
Hope that's not the case in NZ.

My Trim, Yes a little bit of differential on the Flap would do it, but i don,t
know how to do it ?, as far as i know there is a Cross Bar into which the pins
on each flap locate into, so both move together,
so if say i physically restricted one flap slightly it would twist the cross bar
slight, not good, relocating the actual flap bracket and pin is OK, but i am
not up to that expertise.
So i was considering a fixed trim tab on the Flaps outer trailing edge but would
just the tab generate enough lift,?? ( i can manage to make and glue or should
i say bond a tab on)
I find i need this left rudder with one or two up
The rubber Bungee , is that,s just from the control stick to the centre tunnel,
to hold the stick slight over is that right. A fixed aileron tab would do this,
but i suppose a Bungee may be adjustable
Simple but maybe practical.

Alan

Read this topic online here: