Re: Europa-List: Re: Arplast PV 50 Prop

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Arplast PV 50 Prop
From: Gilles Thesee <Gilles.Thesee@acgrenoble.fr>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2012 12:36:51

Alan Carter a crit :

> Hi.
> Strange you should say that, a flock a microlights from France landed at
> Headcorn
yesterday, and some had fixed 6 bladed propellers.
> Two 3s bolted together.

Hi Alan,

Supposing you're answering to the pros and cons of multblade props.
As you may already know, the presence of a device on a microlight is no
guarantee that there has been a proper engineering study beforehand.
I have already seen such a setup. I'd say it is just what it looks like
: two 3-blade props quickly bolted together...Do you really believe the
'designers' did any calculations, activity factor or disc load
computations ?

Best regards,
--
Gilles