Re: Europa-List: The 914 saga

Subject: Re: Europa-List: The 914 saga
From: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 15:53:57

Fergus, That widget holding the cable in the wheel on top
of the turbo control unit has a disc under the screw. Make
sure it didn't lose any bits  while it went round the
cockpit. You can take the spring off at the turbo end and
then simply pull the cable back and fix it. If you have
fired up the electrics you will know that the waste gate
cycles when you first switch on. The right position for it
is with the master switch on, the throttle at closed and
the wastegate closed ( ie with the cable pulled right
back). You can do minor adjustments at the other end of
the cable.I have reassembled / readjusted/ fiddled around
with that fixing a number of times and never had a problem
yet. Best of luck! It WILL BE WORTH IT! David, G-XSDJ