Re: Europa-List: Vapour lock? Why?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Vapour lock? Why?
From: Paul McAllister <paul.the.aviator@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 07:51:52
Hi All,

I don't know if this helps or not, but in 1000 hours of operation I have
never experienced a vapor lock like Frans has described using Mo Gas. I
have operated my aircraft on days that are 35c ~ 40c, which have included
long taxi runs.  My experience may not translate because most of my take
off and landings  are at around 1000' MSL.  On hot days this equates to
about 3000' density altitude.

What I have seen is the engine will not start on a hot day after sitting
for a while and what I do in this situation is to turn the fuel pumps off,
start the engine and then turn the pumps on.

I have a single gascolator, with dual pumps + check valves in parallel and
this sits under the baggage bay. I also have a UMA differential fuel
pressure sensor.

Paul