Re: Europa-List: Vapour lock? Why?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Vapour lock? Why?
From: Frans Veldman <frans@privatepilots.nl>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 17:05:40

Jeff,

> My own experience with vapor lock was nerve wracking. After fighting it
> for months, I finally figured it out. The carb bowls were getting hot.

This is not the problem I have. The engine was still relatively cold,
and I saw the fuel pressure drop. The fuel pressure is measured before
the carbs. A vapor lock inside the carbs doesn't result in a pressure
drop before the carbs.

I also got some private mails, but not everyone seems to know that I
have a Rotax 914. The 914 has two electrical pumps, mounted under the
bagage bay. If there is a fuel pressure drop, something is wrong outside
of the engine bay (unless it is the fuel pressure regulator itself).

I appreciate your advice, but I don't think it applies to my ship. It
can't have been the carbs.

Frans