SV: Europa-List: Re: 912ULS - Rough start & Rough on one magnet

Subject: SV: Europa-List: Re: 912ULS - Rough start & Rough on one magnet
From: Sidsel & Svein Johnsen <sidsel.svein@oslo.online.no>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 18:44:24

Jon,

Your comments are much appreciated.  I fitted the large starter when I
installed the engine 6 years ago.  The fact that your starts are now much
smoother gives me hope that the battery and/or cable connections may be the
cause.  Your comments about uneven rotation speed during each revolution
corresponds with what the Scandinavian service agent told me.  The springed
coupling in the gear box amplifies this if the rotation is not fast.

I am replacing the battery tomorrow, and search further if necessary, and
will report on this forum what I find.

Mark,

Thank you for the suggestion - I hope I find another cause than at the
magnets, so I do not have to work at the back of the engine .......

Regards,
Svein
LN-SKJ