RE: Europa-List: Battery location

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Battery location
From: Bob Harrison <ptag.dev@talktalk.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 01:28:40
Hi! Alex.

I used to have a Jabiru 3300 six cylinder engine with a very heavy MT CS
Prop(32 lbs) and the pair of Odyssey 13 amp hour batteries wouldn't start it
placed in the rear under the luggage bay . Moved them both above the
passenger firewall forward foot well with never a problem in over 10 years
in fact I replaced them last year since I took fright that they may be
likely to let me down.  Since then they have stood in my garage and retained
their charge so I would guarantee that either singularly would still start
my Rotax 914  without re-charging them now.. No disrespect to you intended,
but David Joyce put his "head over the parapet" and gave the same good
advice. Why do you folks keep ignoring that advice and keep trying to
re-invent the wheel ?

If you need to adjust the C of G of your "bird" then put a 9 gallon long
range tank behind the  seats.!
Hope this comment suits you ?

Best regards

Bob Harrison G-PTAG  Kit 337