Re: Europa-List: Battery location

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Battery location
From: jimpuglise@comcast.net
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 23:36:52
Alex-

You would have the weight of extra wire that may not be necessary. Best plan is
to look at your weight and balance when you get to that point and move the
battery
to where you need it most. In my case, had to move it to the aft baggage
bay. The tail is long enough that you can accomplish a lot with a little weight
due to the long arm, so it is easiest to attack it that way. One of the things
yo may want to do is install your tail tie down and leave plenty of thread
on top of it to fasten a diving weight to if it is necessary. A moveable battery
would probably be more trouble than it was worth. Once your airplane is set
up, it should not be necessary to adjust the CG, so why go to the trouble of
preparing for it?
Jim Puglise
XS - Jabiru 3300
Punta Gorda, FL