Re: Europa-List: Removing magnetic plug from Rotax 912 gearbox

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Removing magnetic plug from Rotax 912 gearbox
From: Tim Ward <ward.t@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2012 22:11:31

Richard,
I had the same problem and got it out with a metal chisel and burred a slot to
force it anti clockwise with a hammer. Then replace it with a new type. Put some
anti seize compound on the thread.
Cheers,
Tim

Tim Ward
12 Waiwetu Street
Fendalton,
Christchurch,  8052
New Zealand.

ward.t@xtra.co.nz

Ph 64 3 3515166
Mob 0210640221

On 19/02/2012, at 9:49 PM, "Richard Lamprey" <lamprey.richard@gmail.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know the best way to get this plug out?  I burred the hexagonal
> inset,
so hex key (allen key) no longer going to get it out.  I have tried clonking
gently with hammer (as per various instructions) to loosen, to no avail.

> My plug replacement is of the new variety that can be removed with a
> ring-spanner.
Just got to get the old out and check for filings.