Re: Europa-List: Re: Deformation of canopy

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Deformation of canopy
From: Raimo Toivio <raimo.toivio@rwm.fi>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 22:36:11
Roland

I have to say I use typically 5000-5200 revs and
also I am not shy to use constant 5500 rpm.
When low, it shows if I want a manifold pressure
30-31 In hg A (912S).
Typically my MAP is around 25.

BTW earlier Rotax allowed all the combinations
with revs and MAP but I understood they have now
limited that revs must be then 5000 rpm or more.

My long time (over 200 hrs) average fuel burn is
17,7 l/hrs.

I have to say - it is a totally different bird
after she got a CS-prop (Airmaster - I am very
happy about it).
Before it 125@4800 was the name of the game too (I
had Warp Blades but do not remember the blade
angles, first 17 degrees, then maybe 19-20
degrees).

***

About Ban Bis /Dyn Aeros: is not it strange that
they advertice their cruise speed is fast than
their VNE ???
Dyn Aero 4S is also interesting; they claim it is
faster (AND lighter as empty) than typical Europa
with same engine and four adults omboard.
But the real miracle will be their new Twin-R -
two Rotaxes but it will fly happily with one
engine only...

***

About wife and escaping: That is true. This time
she was too tired to escape. I have to say this
was very first time ever including commercial
flights I have seen her sleeping (attached).
Finally I and our Europa have earned her full
confidence.

Raimo
OH-XRT
FINLAND