Re: Europa-List: Wiring connectors

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Wiring connectors
From: Robert Borger <rlborger@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 18:30:27
Tony,

FWIW, I use crimp fast-on spade connectors as much as possible: switches,
relays,
etc.  Crimp ring terminals for circuit breakers and when I have a switch with
screw attachments.  Crimp pins & sockets in D-Sub connectors.  And soldering
only when absolutely, positively necessary and there's no other alternative
available.

Dimple fast-on spade connectors probably more secure.

Nothing negative (or positive) to say about the SIRS Navigator Compass, just
make
sure you confirm that you get one for the Southern Hemisphere.

Blue skies & tailwinds,
Bob Borger
Europa XS Tri, Rotax 914, Airmaster C/S Prop.
Little Toot Sport Biplane, Lycoming Thunderbolt AEIO-320 EXP
3705 Lynchburg Dr.
Corinth, TX  76208-5331
Cel: 817-992-1117
rlborger@mac.com

On Nov 22, 2011, at 5:33 PM, Tony Renshaw wrote:

> Giddy, I am in LA and figure I might as well give Aircraft Spruce some of my
hard earned dollars. I am thinking of buying a 1000' spool of AWG 20 wire and
am after advice whether the spade crimp styled connectors are ok for permanent
conx? I am not good with electrons. They think like my wife, often changing
their
minds with unpredictable outcomes. I don't enjoy them, electrons. I can barely
tolerate the wife either, but she does let me build my plane so I suppose
I should cut her some slack. So, within the Spruce range as I am "Johnny on
the spot", is there a simple type of connector such as AMP or is there a better
type, dimple or no dimple etc? Any help would be appreciated.
> P.S if anyone has anything bad to say about a SIRS Navigator Compass let me
> know
as I am planning on getting one of those too.