Re: Europa-List: Europa Finger Brakes

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Europa Finger Brakes
From: Richard Collings <rcollings@talktalk.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 22:37:50
Hi I don't know what seal are fitted in your brake system so to be safe
you must use DOT5 fluid no other.
To help with bleeding the system first apply the brake on the wheel you
are not attempting to bleed and tie the brake finger leaver in the on
position. Now bleed the other brake circuit from the wheel cylinder by
using one of the std pressure bleeding kit's [Airworld 300981 worked for
me] that way you will drive the air up and out of the system at the
header tank. Once you are clear of air on the first circuit lock the
bleed nipple shut and repeat the same procedure on the other circuit.
Good luck Richard