Europa-List: Coax Advice for VHF antenna.

Subject: Europa-List: Coax Advice for VHF antenna.
From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw268@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 11:23:31

Gidday,
Ive got a bit of a hybrid, a classic with a few bits of XS thrown in. For
example
I've got a sternpost, premanufactured that I was kindly given, and I am now
wondering if this is the structure I should be attaching my vertical VHF antenna
to the front of. Now I've got the Europa kit, with torrodes or whatever they
are called, and a bunch of COAX. I am wondering if anyone has an opinion on
the merits of building up this antenna or whether I should just bin it and use
the Z shaped Bob Archer VHF antenna that I also have, and put it on the side
of the fuselage? I don't figure it would hurt to give it a try, but am unsure
if the Europa one is worth building, and if so, knowing nothing about COAX
fittings
attachment and being a lousy solderer, does anyone have any specific guidance.
Thank you in anticipation.
Reg
Tony Renshaw
Sydney Aussie