Re: Europa-List: Aluminium Fuel Tube

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Aluminium Fuel Tube
From: GRAHAM SINGLETON <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 00:50:04
I use AN fittings, not sure about rubber gromets. Wikk they degrade in Moga
s?=0AWe're fine thanks, off to Turkey for a week 31st. Hope the Palestinian
s aren't =0Anear where we're going!=0AGraham=0AGRaham=0A=0A=0A=0A__________
______________________=0AFrom: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw268@gmail.com>=0ATo
: "europa-list@matronics.com" <europa-list@matronics.com>=0ASent: Wednesday
, 19 October, 2011 21:51:40=0ASubject: Re: Europa-List: Aluminium Fuel Tube
=0A=0A=0AHey Graham, I'm well underway with my cobra attachment but need to
 sort out the =0Aventing before I bond it in. I have a sight gauge and the
normal vent to plumb =0Ainto the cobra. I have the black grommets fittings,
 the ones you install in a =0Ahole in the cobra wall and then push a barb t
hrough with an elbow fitting. Pity =0Ait doesnt come with a T piece, which
would stop me having to install two, have =0Ayou any specific suggestions a
s others have said you have a mod, I havent heard =0Aof it unless it is the
 new standard up and over one, hope alls well with you =0Atwo, =0AReg=0ATon
y Renshaw =0A=0ASent from my iPad=0A=0AOn 21/09/2011, at 8:52 PM, GRAHAM SI
NGLETON <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com> =0Awrote:=0A=0A=0ATony=0A>Tim's al
uminium elbow is highly recommended, it stops a lot of the fuel smell in
=0A>the cockpit, but make sure all the molding flash is carefully cut off t
he Cobra =0A>so that the rubber tube jopints sit snuggly and seal to the Co
bra, and the tank =0A>stub=0A>Graham=0A>=0A>=0A>=0A>=0A>=0A>=0A____________
____________________=0AFrom: Tim Ward <ward.t@xtra.co.nz>=0A>To: tonyrensha
w268@optusnet.com.au; europa-list@matronics.com=0A>Sent: Wednesday, 21 Sept
ember, 2011 10:56:45=0A>Subject: Europa-List: Aluminium Fuel Tube=0A>=0A>
=0A>Tony,=0A>See attachment in fixing the aluminium pipe supplied by me.=0A
>It is purposely too long to allow for different fittings.=0A>Position the
=9Ccobra=9D first with your splash moulding.=0A>Don=99t f
orget to reinforce the skin behind the cobra moulding with 3 layers  of =0A
>Bid to prevent deforming skin in hot temperatures (Aussie)=0A>Cut it, the
pipe, gradually back , a little at a time until you have the  =0A>correct f
it.=0A>The rubber piping at each end allows for mistakes.=0A>Once it is joi
ned up then do the lay ups to the wall for the cobra.=0A>Puts some blue foa
m at the back of the cobra to allow for the shape and  =0A>expansion.=0A>
=0A> =0A>Cheers,=0A> =0A>Tim=0A> =0A> =0A>Tim  Ward,=0A>12 Waiwetu Street,
=0A>Fendalton,=0A>Christchurch 8052=0A>New  Zealand=0A>=0A>Ph; 03 3515166
=0A>Mob; 0210640221=0A>=0A>email; ward.t@xtra.co.nz=0A>=0A>  ====
======  =0A>href="http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-L
ist">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List=0A> ======
==== =0A>ums.matronics.com">http://forums.matronics.com =0A>==