Europa-List: Attaching Fuel Filler Tube to Fuse

Subject: Europa-List: Attaching Fuel Filler Tube to Fuse
From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw268@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 09:43:52

Gidday again,
I'm about to do this task and was wondering if others perceive a benefit in
having
the 2 strapping BID tapes that bond the tube to the fuse be "NOT ATTACHED"
to the tube? I have reinforced the underlying area with Balsa and 2 plies of
BID, and will be attaching my tapes to this surface, but wonder whether the top
tape just beneath the bowl of the filler neck will be enough in combination
with the throat of the filler neck firmly supported as it exits the splash
moulding
of the skin, and the lower tape just holds the tube in place. The rest of
the support comes from the elbow and the tubing that connects the filler to
the tank. I am just wondering whether I should layup the tapes onto duct tape
stuck on the filler tube, or something similar, such that the two are not
permanently
bonded.
Reg
Tony Renshaw