Re: Europa-List: Battery Location with a 914

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Battery Location with a 914
From: Robert Borger <rlborger@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2011 17:47:00

Tony,

That far aft (picture) shouldn't be necessary.  Under the baggage bay or just to
the rear of the baggage bay (and accessible through the "D" door) should work
out just fine.

Best regards,
Bob Borger

On Oct 6, 2011, at 4:27 PM, Tony Renshaw wrote:

> Gidday,
> I have set up a rear battery location for my battery on the assumption that I
will have a CoG problem. I have a 914 with an Airmaster prop, and a normal
panel.
Suffice to say, can I presume that I might need weight in the tail and therefore
having the battery back there is a good option, or can I confidently place
it under the baggage bay shelf ? I am about to buy cabling for the battery
which is why I am asking at this point.
> If I do keep the aft location I am trying to work out a lightweight
> containment
that will accept a decent deceleration. The back of my head looks better without
a battery in the back of it. I have thought of using rudder cable looped
aft under the tailwheel leg attachment point, and then forward onto the battery
box. This Odyssey battery at least comes in a metal battery case. Any input
much appreciated.