RE: Europa-List: wheel to underside clearance not 2 but 5cm & wide tyre

Subject: RE: Europa-List: wheel to underside clearance not 2 but 5cm & wide tyre
From: keith hickling <keithhickling@clear.net.nz>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2011 13:59:05

Thanks Raimo,
My tyre has only a little rubbing from the brake caliper, and only a
shallow groove after 220 hours and around 700 landings. But I am
watching it carefully and will probably change the tyre soon.

Keith Hickling,
New Zealand.

Keith,

beware: my original surf&turf tyre /tire also
rubbed to the brake caliber so much that I saw
very soon during first 50 hrs (about 100 landings)
fabrics in the bottom of that deep canyon on the
side of that "aircraft" tire /tyre.

Recommed: have a real aircraft tyre /tire like
AirTrac or any but size 7x6!

BTW, the rubbing rubber smells awful and has
nothing to do w ac specs.

Cheers, Raimo Toivio