Re: Europa-List: wheel to underside clearance not 2 but 5cm & wide tyre

Subject: Re: Europa-List: wheel to underside clearance not 2 but 5cm & wide tyre
From: Raimo Toivio <raimo.toivio@rwm.fi>
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2011 20:52:07

Keith,

beware: my original surf&turf tyre /tire also
rubbed to the brake caliber so much that I saw
very soon during first 50 hrs (about 100 landings)
fabrics in the bottom of that deep canyon on the
side of that "aircraft" tire /tyre.

Recommed: have a real aircraft tyre /tire like
AirTrac or any but size 7x6!

BTW, the rubbing rubber smells awful and has
nothing to do w ac specs.

Cheers, Raimo Toivio

Europa XS Mono OH-XRT #417

Updated flight hours /landings: 258,3