RE: Europa-List: wheel to underside clearance not 2 but 5cm & wide tyre

Subject: RE: Europa-List: wheel to underside clearance not 2 but 5cm & wide tyre
From: keith hickling <keithhickling@clear.net.nz>
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2011 16:48:20

Hi Graeme,
I also had 5 cm between the top of the tyre and bottom of fuselage
initially, and John Wheeler said that was fine. The suspension settles a
bit with use and loading.

I also have the original wide tyre, and it rubs a bit on the brake
calliper, but is just OK.

Keith Hickling,
New Zealand.

"The post build check list says the clearance between the top of the
mono wheel and the underside of the fuselage should be about 2cm, well
mine is 5cm, should I be worried?

Also, I have the original tyre 8 x 6 4 ply carlise truf glide. I am keen
to have the wides possible but did i read somewhere that they should be
changed."

--------
Graeme Bird