Europa-List: Re: Sealing the water and oil coolers in a Classic

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Sealing the water and oil coolers in a Classic
From: zwakie <mz@cariama.nl>
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2011 09:48:10

I have been to the airport today, took of both cowls and inspected all hosing.
All hoses are in perfect shape, so no need to replace them at this stage, I'm
sticking with current hoses.

It seems that when the oil rad is removed, I will have about sufficient room
behind
the port coolant rad to put the oil-ollant heat exchanger and route the oil
and water hoses without to tight a radius.

My question: will I have an issue at that relative upward position, won't the
oil
siphon out there? Or in other words, is it ok to have the echanger positioned
above the oil level in the tank?

--------
Marcel
(Europa Classic Tri-Gear PH-MZW)