Europa-List: 914 turbo

Subject: Europa-List: 914 turbo
From: Jim Brown <acrojim7534@YAHOO.COM>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 11:59:31
For you 914 drivers;=0A-=0AMy 914 started showing surges in the manifold
pressure recently.-On takeoff's, the MP would vary from 33" MP to 39"MP.
In cruse mode where I normall cruise at 33" MP and 5300 RPM-I was having
to advance the throttle, or retard, in order to keep the MP stable.=0A-
=0AThe engine has 860 hours, TT since new...to make a long story short, I h
ave added 3 pictures of the servo cable..Over a period of time, some of the
 wires in the cable, were broken, or just worn out.-The -clevis on the
end of the cable connects directly to the turbo wastgate, and the worn out
cable was just bending, instead of moving the wastegate...=0A-=0AI ordere
d new cable from Rotax, and installed...Make sure when installing new cable
, that the wastgate is completely closed..If its not completely closed, you
 will not get full bost on takeoff.=0A-=0AJim Brown