Europa-List: Re: Landing gear Failure, ATTN Graham Sing...

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Landing gear Failure, ATTN Graham Sing...
From: rparigoris <rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2011 11:22:19

One solution that I liked and incorporated is a spring to hold the down latch
down.
No matter what I did (which included reaming holes and trying NAS hardware),
if I fooled with the latch I could get it to jam in the up position once in
a while. It was due to sideway racking/skew and friction from point loading
and it was just not reliable enough for my taste considering consequences if it
got stuck in the up position.
Anyway here are details for down-latch spring:
http://www.europaowners.org/forums/gallery2.php?g2_itemId=86937
open the album on the left.
Simple, stupid, cheap, easy to make and lightweight.
Sorry I can't remember who sent me the .jpg of the spring.
I wound it out of some stainless spring wire i picked up from www.mcmaster.com
Ron Parigoris

Read this topic online here: