Europa-List: Re: Landing gear Failure, ATTN Graham Sing...

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Landing gear Failure, ATTN Graham Sing...
From: rparigoris <rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2011 15:35:59

Hi Graham

Thanks for the reply. Sorry but I am still confused. I think a few more
questions
answered will get me on track.

First I think we need to absolute clarify what you mean by O/C. My
interpretation
is Over Center. In other words if you load the main tire, it will load the
swingarm which will load LG08, and if Over Center, LG08 will try and move
forward,
in other words towards the prop. It will be jamming into the undercarriage
mounting frame, the more you load it, the harder it will push into the
undercarriage
mounting frame.
Like I mentioned in a prior post, My undercarriage mounting frame was ill
fabricated
where the stops did not allow LG08s to go over center. One was on center
and the other was under center. Under center means if you load the tire, it will
load the swingarm which will load LG08s. The one that was under center will
begin to push backwards towards the tail. Again this is under center. The only
thing holding the LG08s forward in a situation where you are under center is
the LG12. In Jeffs case I think he was under center and the loading caused the
lever to bend. There is a good chance he has an ill fabricated undercarriage
mounting frame that did not allow over center, but caused an under center
situation.
So, do you mean O/C is Over center, or do you mean by O/C is what Iconsider
under
center?
Thus you want 1/16" in my term Over center where when you push up on swingarm
LG08
is loaded and  pushes forward. You want LG12 held by the down indent where
LG08 is held forward against the undercarriage mounting frame stop where there
is little to no slop that would allow LG08 to go under center (in others allow
LG08 to swing aft towards the tail).
Ron Parigoris

Read this topic online here: