Europa-List: Landing gear Failure, ATTN Graham Sing...

Subject: Europa-List: Landing gear Failure, ATTN Graham Sing...
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2011 11:41:27
Graham,
Thanks for your latest in that $%^&* lever and its connections.
I remember seeing a 'triangle' plate which slide down abaft the lever to
serve as a "parking" brake. After this sad event subject, it occurred to me
that a similar plate could be slid behind the lever before landing so as to
keep it from bobbing up when encountering bumpy surfaces.
        Do you think it might serve to lock the lever or is the linkage
mechanism such that it will simply bend the lever and permit inadvertent
retraction? - I haven't studied the subject, obviously, and am sloughing off
the work out of pure laziness...........
Regards, Ferg