Europa-List: Radio problem

Subject: Europa-List: Radio problem
From: David Lewendon <davidlewendon@me.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2011 14:10:11

Well my SWR meter arrived in the post and I have purchased a couple of
convertors
to go from the BNC on the radio to the PL259 on the SWR meter.

I could not get any reading using my Filser radio and I thought that the meter
might be duff so I connected my hand held radio to the a/c antenna and
everything
was fine. I was getting a return reading of about 1.2 which is well within
limits.

Whilst doing this check I noticed that the P1 PTT button was not working, it had
been previously but now nothing, so I am going to do a continuity check on the
PTT wires to see if that is the fault before checking the radio.

The P2 PTT works but it did not show up on the SWR test, I presume that it
should
send the same signal as the P1 button.

Regards

David Lewendon