Europa-List: Flap cross tube problem

Subject: Europa-List: Flap cross tube problem
From: Greg Fuchs <gregoryf.flyboy@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2011 05:04:10

Hi all,

The flap cross tube appears to be about 2 inches too short, on my aircraft!
I was hoping there would be some end pieces placed onto FL15 to lengthen it,
but unfortunately, the GE12 bearing and the bearing holder do not increase
the length. There does not appear to be any way it will be long enough to
firmly grab the pins on both flaps, though it might just be able to span the
gap to barely reach the in-board ends of the pins. The length of my flap
cross tube (FL15) is 44 and one half inches from end to end. Can someone
tell me what theirs measures? Anyone have this problem?

Thank you,

Greg A050