Re: Europa-List: Re: urgent: 912S ignition failure

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: urgent: 912S ignition failure
From: Peter Timm <cptimm@telus.net>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 15:23:14

Remi,

I had a similar problem early in 2007 on my early model 912 S. After doing
all the tests you have already done on yours I had to remove the engine from
the aircraft and take it to the local  (300 km away)  Rotax dealer for
repairs.
It turned out to be a faulty stator assembly, due to some poor bedding of
wire-bundles in epoxy, which had become brittle and allowing the wires to
shorten out intermittently. The bill was over $ 1800.00,the engine had only
330 hrs on it at the time. I sincerely hope, that this is not your problem.
Good luck.

Peter Timm