Europa-List: Re: Door wedges???

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Door wedges???
From: AirEupora <AirEupora@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 7 May 2011 08:30:35

I took some clay to see if I could make the wedges and figured out that I had
put
the wide MOD 67 panel on wrong.  It was off center.  So I took it off to
re-center.
I had to do some fiberglass repairs as this was the second time I had
installed and removed it.  Because of the wide MOD 67 the door is weak in the
middle and you can see it bowed there.  I took a piece of aluminum angle on
the outside and was thinking of heating it up and determined that I needed more
strength in this area.  I laid three layers of one inch tape and shaped it into
an L around a aluminum angle inside the door area above the lower lip.  I
made it about 18 inches long.  I believe that will straighten the door in this
area.  I will be added some more fiberglass to the cut out areas from the wide
MOD 67.  I'll let you know the results in a few days.

Read this topic online here: