Europa-List: LANDING SONAR

Subject: Europa-List: LANDING SONAR
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2011 10:05:40
Cheers,
        I was reviewing the door 'anti-bulge' reference in today's list when
the adjacent "random image" featured the above topic which I espoused lo,
that many years ago.
        I forgot to see who originated the image because it referred to
measuring height-above-runway from 6 inches to about 6 feet. My enthusiasm
was peaked because the stall speed (+/- 40kt) equated to the speed of rudder
authority loss. The whole idea being to stall her on tail first to acquire
directional authority on touchdown. I had thought there were too many
incidents of mono's veering off the landing strip through loss of control.
        I beg whoever authored that image to contact me as have built but
not tested the device and am sure I've missed something, please.
Ferg
out of the spare bedroom this month