Re: Europa-List: Best device to ratify the Actual Fuel Flow on a 914

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Best device to ratify the Actual Fuel Flow on a 914
From: GRAHAM SINGLETON <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Sun, 1 May 2011 23:07:02
Ivor=0AYou don't need anything downstream of the Andair GAS375,  it will st
op anything =0Abigger than 70 micron, and water.=0AGraham=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A___
_____________________________=0AFrom: PHILLIPS I <ivor.phillips@ntlworld.co
m>=0ATo: europa-list@matronics.com=0ASent: Saturday, 30 April, 2011 22:42:0
3=0ASubject: Re: Europa-List: Best device to ratify the Actual Fuel Flow on
 a 914=0A=0A=0AHi Tony=0A =0AMy fuel lines start of low to an Andair fuel v
alve followed by an Andair 375 =0AGascolator then to two inline filters fol
lowed by both fuel pumps  all this is =0Ainside=0AThe tunnel, then its uphi
ll to the fuel pressure sender just below the tunnel =0Atop,=0A =0AThen thr
ough the tunnel to the Floscan on top of tunnel behind the instrument =0Apa
nel,=0A =0AThen up the inside of the firewall to a position directly inline
 with the fuel =0Apressure=0ARegulator, this gives the shortest run with mi
nimal heat sink, then back to the =0Afirewall going through just slightly t
o the strb side of the fuel feed and both =0Acovered=0AIn fire sleeve,=0A
=0A Behind the firewall is my second Floscan wired to the Matronics box of
=0A tricks,=0A I used soft aluminium pipe from the transducer around the fi
rewall and under =0Athe door to terminate into the aluminium vent fuel tank
 fitting, with aluminium =0Apipe its easy to make  gentle bends to reduce t
urbulence and improve fuel flow,=0A =0A It sounds complicated but it users
the shortest runs with the Gascolator at the =0Alowest point in the system
with the majority of fitting protected inside the =0Atunnel from engine hea
t or outside cold,  The fuel pumps/Filters/Gascolator are =0Aeasily service
able with a drop down door to the tunnel,=0A =0ARegards=0AIvor=0AG-IVER=0A
=0A=0AOn 30 April 2011 02:35, Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw268@gmail.com> wrote
l.com>=0A>=0A>Hi,=0A>I am attempting to determine where my fuel lines will
go within my tunnel, =0A>through my Singleton Firewall, and then up to my 9
14, then what path is best for =0A>my fuel return line to take to route fue
l back to the tank, without going =0A>downhill, and then back up again. Thi
s is hard without having the 914 out of its =0A>box, which is why I'd like
advice for where in the firewall I should cut holes =0A>for my fuel hose. I
 am building a Bob Berube Conventional undercarriage, so I =0A>don't have b
ungee cord to consider. I also see merit in having the fuel lines =0A>suppo
rted within the tunnel, albeit I have 2 bulkheads to transit, the first is
=0A>an internal stiffener and dividing panel about 6" back from the firewal
l, and =0A>another stiffening bulkhead an inch or so forward of the throttl
e, that links =0A>internally within the tunnel the front vertical face of t
he thigh supports, =0A>where my maingear is mounted underneath. This is to
create a box section =0A>stiffener. So, how high up can I run my fuel lines
 in the !=0A> tunnel to exit Grahams firewall, and then have enough room fo
r no radical bends =0A>up to engine inlet positions?=0A>Thanks.......also:
=0A>I am aware of Matt Draille's Fuel Flow Controller advertised on his hom
e page, =0A>and historically I recall others being available. I have only 1
 Floscan 201B, =0A>and they aint cheap, plus I don't have the said device y
et either. If Matts is =0A>the best, well problem solved, but I am wonderin
g if there is a workaround, such =0A>as an EFIS that will do this. How have
 others with a 914 solved this problem??=0A>Thanks=0A>Reg=0A>Tony Renshaw
=0A>=0A>=0A>============0A>target="_blank">http://w
ww.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List=0A>===========
=0A>http://forums.matronics.com=0A>============0A>le,
 List Admin.=0A>="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/contribution=0A>==