Europa-List: Mono Landing Gear Question

Subject: Europa-List: Mono Landing Gear Question
From: Martin Tuck <MJKTuck@cs.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 22:42:03

When I replaced the brakes recently I thought the red rubber block (that
has the vee's cut in it) which forms part of the landing gear suspension
was looking a bit tired. I looked at some early photos of the aircraft
and sure enough the top of the tire seems to be inline with the bottom
of the fuselage whereas now the top of the tire is inside the wheel well
by maybe 1/2 inch or so and both outriggers touch the ground whereas the
aircraft used to tip from one to the other slightly.

I assume I have to get a new block from Europa in the UK - but if it is
something I can get here I guess it makes sense to buy it here and save
on shipping costs. Same with the bungee cord which I might think about
replacing at the same time.

Anyone have to replace their block yet - if so, where can you get one?
How about the bungee - what is the spec?

I seem to recall someone coming up with an alternative solution to the
bungee but I can't recall what is was.  I think it included some kind of
up-lock also.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Martin Tuck