RE: Europa-List: Re: radio

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Re: radio
From: Richard Churchill-Coleman <richard.churchillcoleman@sky.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 17:05:03

Bill

There's a Eurocontrol consultation underway at the moment to introduce
mandatory 8.33kHz capable transceivers to new fit outs from roughly June
2012, below FL195 as well as the current above FL195 requirement.  If
implemented (highly likely) it will also mandate that all new radios offered
on the market after June 2012 must be 8.33kHz capable.  As a result Garmin
should be thinking hard about an SL30/SL40 8.33kHz unit for the market early
next year - might be worth holding out for.

Regards
Richard C-C