Re: Europa-List: Odyssey Battery

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Odyssey Battery
From: Kevin Klinefelter <kevann@gotsky.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 09:54:32

I have the Odyssey PC 680 fitted under the baggage bay in my 914 powered XS.
The 914 relies on electric fuel pumps, so a battery of known capacity is
part of plan B if the Rotax generator or regulator quit.
I modified our Subaru Legacy to use the same battery, and that works well
too. I replace the PC 680 in the plane about every two years and put the
used one in the Subaru for the next two years. By that time the battery is
starting to show weakness during very cold weather cranking in the car,
it's time to swap again.
The PC 680 costs me about 135 bucks delivered here in California, so it's
not the cheapest solution. But at least I feel like I get good service life
out of them.

Are you replacing a battery or is this a new installation?

Kevin