SV: Europa-List: Rotax fuel flow detection

Subject: SV: Europa-List: Rotax fuel flow detection
From: Sidsel & Svein Johnsen <sidsel.svein@oslo.online.no>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 11:18:33

Graeme,

I installed the Electronics International fuel flow instrument with
differential module:
http://www.buy-ei.com/Pages/FP-5P/FP-5P_Details.html

One transducer measures flow to the carbs, another measures the return flow
and the differential module sends the net flow data to the instrument.  I
have used it for two years now, VERY pleased with its accuracy (easy
comparison of fuel used shown by the instrument and quantity to top up the
tank again). I have not done any recalibration. User friendly.  Easy to
install.  I placed one transducer between the engine driven fuel pump and
the right side carb, the other in the return line in the tunnel.

Great instrument for determining fuel efficiency (range) under various
conditions as you fly and showing remaining fuel.  Only thing to remember is
to update the fuel quantity in the tank when you start the engine if you
have refueled since last flight - flashing light on the instrument reminds
you to do this.

Regards,
Svein
LN-SKJ