SV: Europa-List: Rotax fuel flow detection

Subject: SV: Europa-List: Rotax fuel flow detection
From: Sidsel & Svein Johnsen <sidsel.svein@oslo.online.no>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 13:05:35

Remi,

The Rotax manual shows a principle, not one that is optimal for all actual
installations.  Different aircraft will have different under-the-cowl
arrangements, different cool air flows under the cowl, etc.  Europa shows
another arrangement, which of course is better but I cannot say by how much
or whether it will matter. The difference in fuel tube length at high vs low
flow velocity is small, and if the tube is placed in a heat shield the
increase in vapour lock risk may be acceptable.

Regards,
Svein