RE: Europa-List: trim indicator

Subject: RE: Europa-List: trim indicator
From: Greg Fuchs <gregoryf.flyboy@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 01:23:48

I did not intend to knock the company around, as I personally don't feel
there is much of a problem here. Others may think as they wish, of course.
There are a lot of these in use, and there are bound to be some failures.
Imagine how many would be failing if there were a billion of them sold. A
percentage of units failing would be a more meaningful number to look at.
The second failed unit I worked on was not from a Europa, but another
well-known kit manufacturer with many many hours on the clock.   I still
consider my out-of-box failure (shipped in late 2001) an outlier of sorts,
and that most of these work fine at installation. EVERYTHING runs down or
wears out eventually.. Its just a question of how long.
Greg