Re: Europa-List: Trim indicator

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Trim indicator
From: Dale Hetrick <gdh.hetrick@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 14:11:31
All,
I'm jumping into the middle of this since I'm located only a few miles from
the Ray Allen Company.  I just talked with Scott (one of the owners) and
relayed your problem to him.
His response was that, yes the early "MAC" label had some problems because
they were over-driving the LED's.  Some models that were shipped sometime
between ~2004  &  2006 also had some connection problems because of the Lead
free solder they were forced to use for European shipments. The later Model
RP-3 had no problems that they are aware of.  The good news is that if
anyone is having a problem, just let Scott know (<Scott@RayAllen.com> and he
will replace it at 1/2 price. ($43.00 US plus ~10.00 Air Parcel Post)  No
need to return the failed part.
Hope this helps
Dale Hetrick
N1726DH  100+hours