Re: Europa-List: FW: Bing Carb Checks ----- FAA investigated fatal accid

Subject: Re: Europa-List: FW: Bing Carb Checks ----- FAA investigated fatal accident..
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 21:06:02

On Sep 13, 2010, at 2:33 PM, Frans Veldman wrote:

> On 09/13/2010 11:03 PM, Fred Klein wrote:
>>
>> ...I'll just bite my tongue and resist further comment...afterall,
>> I'm
>> still building...
>
> Don't get me wrong. I'm happy with my Rotax 914. It is a nice and
> reliable engine.

Frans,

...not at all surprised that you feel that way...and I believe your
feelings expressed above mirror those of (literally) hundreds of other
Europa owners. And I admire your open mind and innovative thinking
behind the mods you've done, on your cooling system for example.

My reluctance to make further comments was solely based on my building
around an alternative fuel-injected engine, with the outcome of that
decision being still uncertain...I'm grateful for my high tolerance of
ambiguity.

Fred