Europa-List: Europa Sounds in Flight

Subject: Europa-List: Europa Sounds in Flight
From: Troy Maynor <wingnut54@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2010 21:04:20
Hi All,
Long ago in the original Europa factory video, there is a segment where
the two factory planes do a low pass. When they pull up and bank you can
hear a whirring sound or a cry similar to the sound a bird or something.
I know this may sound ridiculous but maybe some of you have heard it
yourself. I watched a short clip of my Europa do a fast low pass last
Thursday and heard it coming from mine also. You can't detect anything
inside the cockpit that I'm aware of, and I'm certain I didn't go
supersonic. The first time I flew over my brothers home a couple months
ago his wife later said (with an unknowing worried look on her face)
that she had heard a screaking sound. At the time I didn't lend much
creedance to her comment. It happened again while flying over another
friends house, so now I am curious. Has anyone else experienced this? Is
it coming from the engine? Prop? Somewhere along the airframe? I don't
think it's anything to worry about but I just want to know if others
have heard this.  On all occasions, the aircraft was in a banking climb.
It actually sounded pretty cool. Just wondering....

Troy Maynor
Monowheel Classic UK120
47 fun hours so far!