Re: Europa-List: Fwd: Cooling modifications

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Fwd: Cooling modifications
From: Bud Yerly <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2010 14:28:03
Frans,
One note though on ram air to the engine, please see the Rotax
specifications for that need.  It is hard for me not to do as the
manufacturer recommends.
On a personal note, I have operated N12AY for 40 hours with the Evans
coolant (I'll be changing that out soon) and all temps even in full
turbo climbs for 3-4 minutes are fine.
My oil in cruise does run a bit cooler than I prefer (175F on a 95F
day).  Even I have thought about a glycol to oil heat exchanger for a
time when I have nothing to do but tinker on her.

We will all be interested in your data...

Best Wishes
Bud Yerly