RE: Europa-List: Differences between classic and XS

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Differences between classic and XS
From: Christoph Both <christoph.both@acadiau.ca>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 12:32:48
Hello:
Funny how memory kicks in when you see a picture. N24070 was previously bui
lt in Canada. I knew the builder, Ken Whittington of Calgary, Alberta, well
. In fact he was the first Canadian builder who completed a Europa! He buil
t it together with his son.

I also knew the plane quite well as I visited twice for several days, pains
takingly taking notes and measurements in his garage to assist my own build
ing. I have many pictures from the construction given to me by Ken, or made
 on location myself.

This is definitively a very well built plane. It was originally a MONO but
after a ground loop and damaged expensive French prop, Ken did to conversio
n to TRI. He never regretted it. The only thing I am aware of is that it ca
me in a bit heavy as he put a lot of extras in, but as many commented, very
 well built. Paint is a Endura 2 part epoxy and should last a long time. Ke
n sold it close to $100,000 to the US once he did a few hours flying. The p
lane was kept in his hangar close to Calgary.
I have many pictures etc.

If the plane is currently in a good condition, this is a very good deal for
 the money.

I am just completing my own Classic after 15 years of building, I incorpora
ted the baggage MOD and the 1370lbs increase a while ago. The baggage MOD i
s not too bad, I opted making the parts myself to save cost of parts and sh
ipping, but today I would get the kit.
Email me separately if you have further questions.
Best,
Christoph Both
#223 Classic
Wolfville, Nova Scotia, Canada